June 22 - Saturday
ILE EXAM - George Brown College
Registration Closed - Seats are Full
October 23 - Wednesday
9:00 AM to 12:00 noon
Cerumen Removal Training
Starkey Labs Canada, Mississauga
Hearing aids are electronic devices that pick up and amplify sound. By amplifying sound, sounds that the wearer normally would not hear are increased in volume and therefore better communicated. The primary difference between Analog and Digital hearing aids is how the incoming sound is dealt with.
Analog Hearing Aids
Analog hearing aids are similar to older HIFI sound systems. The input sound was made louder by means of an amplifier and could be manually adjusted with the use of tone control (bass and treble). Today's modern digital hearing aids offer considerably more functionality with respect to feedback control, noise reduction, automatic and adaptive features and much more for increased audibility and comfort. In general, most analog hearing technology has been discontinued or is being phased out shortly.
Today's Digital Hearing Aids
Hearing aids contain sophisticated circuitry, with more functions and features than could ever be packaged into a hearing aid before.
Better Technology in a Smaller Package
With the advent of digital technology and computer-programmable hearing aids, some models offer features like:
Fortunately, computer technology has dramatically improved the performance of hearing aids. Whether you currently wear hearing aids, or you've never tried them, there's never been a better time to see what a difference today's technology can make.
Approximately 10 percent of all hearing losses may be helped medically. Thanks to today's technological advances, it is likely that the remaining 90 percent may be helped with hearing aids.